Held at the Parksville Community and Conference Centre on March 15, 2018
Join us for networking, drinks, dinner and a celebration of our business community.
Tickets are $50.00 and can be purchased by calling the Chamber office @ 250-248-3613
The Parksville & District Chamber of Commerce is pleased to host the Parksville & District Business Achievement Awards, which will be held on March 15, 2018 at the Parksville Community and Conference Centre. These awards are an opportunity to recognize and honour businesses and individuals that have made outstanding contributions to our community over the past year.
The three finalists in each category are:
Service Excellence Award
- Angela Giannotti, Cruise Ship Centers
- Beth Ross, bDigital Video Productions
- Neelam and Mark Nagra, M&N Mattress Shop
Small Business of the Year
- Coombs Junction Sign Shop
- Mount Arrowsmith Brewing Company
- Namaskar Yoga Studio
Large Business of the Year
- Parks West Business Products
- Eat Fresh Urban Market
- The Kit and Kaboodle Trading Company
Outstanding Workplace – Employer of the Year
- Yates Memorial Services
- Kiyo Salon & Boutique
- Jake’s Roofing
Young Professional of the Year
- Kyla Campbell, Realm Food Co.
- Meaghan L’Heureux, Iron Warehouse
- Tyler Cody, Osprey Electric
Not for Profit of the Year
- Mount Arrowsmith Pipe Band Association
- Society of Organized Services
- Forward House Community Society
We are pleased to announce the recipient of this years Community Spirit Award, sponsored by the City of Parksville is Renate Sutherland. The Community Spirit Award recognizes a business or individual that has demonstrated exceptional commitment to developing and encouraging community spirit and pride.
1. Service Excellence Award: is presented to an individual or business who consistently offers exceptional service and goes beyond customer expectations.
2. Small Business of the Year – (less than 10 employees): recognizes a small business with less than 10 employees, has made an outstanding contribution to the community and has a reputation for providing superior customer service.
3. Large Business of the Year (More than 10 Employees): recognizes a large business with 10 employees or more, has made an outstanding contribution to the community and has a reputation for providing superior customer service.
4. Outstanding Workplace – Employer of the Year: recognizes the business that goes above and beyond for their employees and provides the best overall place to work. For them, culture and a happy, healthy work environment for staff is very important.
5. Young Professional of the Year: honors a business professional under the age of 45 who has excelled in business; exemplified leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
6. Not for Profit of the Year: (must be a registered not for profit) honors a not for profit business that has demonstrated continual business excellence through positive business growth and embraced an outstanding commitment to quality and the community.