LEADING THE WAY...
The Parksville and District Chamber of Commerce is a not-for-profit organization comprised of over 430 businesses, professionals, residents and community groups working collectively to establish and promote businesses and services for economic and social prosperity Parksville and the surrounding areas. The Board of Directors is elected by the membership and determines policies and programs. The staff employed by the board is responsible for organizing and executing the Chamber of Commerce's programs and policies.
- The main priorities of the Parksville & District Chamber of Commerce are :
- Be the active Voice of Local Businesses
- Be a catalyst for business owners/operators to network and cross promote
- Facilitate business training for the local workforce
- Operate the Parksville Visitor Centre
- To provide the business community with group benefits and networking opportunities
The Chamber of Commerce plays an active role in communicating the positions and views of the business community on policy to government at the municipal, regional, provincial and national level. The Chamber maintains a strong working relationship with local government, although it is not a support organization for any government body.
Although not officially incorporated until 1978, the Chamber has served the business community and residents of the region for over 80 years. The Parksville and District Chamber of Commerce works with the City of Parksville, the Parksville Downtown Business Association, Parksville Qualicum Beach Tourism Association, and the Chambers of Commerce in Qualicum Beach and other Island communities in order to provide a first class community where residents can LIVE, WORK and PLAY in a safe and prosperous environment.